While you may need to keep your Twitter or X account active, tending to it isn’t always possible. This phenomenon and the possibility of missing the peak posting times could warrant your need to schedule tweets. Unfortunately, many users do not understand how to schedule their Twitter posts.
Scheduling posts on X or Twitter involves creating posts but keeping them until they automatically go live at pre-chosen times. This feature allows people to publish posts even when they are unavailable to do so manually. It also helps people target optimal times that create the best results. Well, this guide discusses how to utilize this effectively.
Can You Schedule Tweets? How Possible Is This Task?
Do you wish to remain active on your Twitter profile despite being too busy to tend to it adequately? You may often wonder how to pull this off without breaking any rules or risking your account. However, many recommendations exist about creating posts and keeping them for automatic publishing at a later time. But how possible is this, and can you schedule tweets?
Although X, formerly called Twitter, allows users to schedule their posts on their platform, several limitations accompany this feature. For instance, users can only schedule their posts from the platform’s website. This is due to the absence of the schedule option on the mobile application’s Android and iOS versions.
But besides scheduling posts on the Twitter or X website, you can use several other social media tools efficiently. These third-party tweet scheduling applications provide convenient avenues for people to create programs that optimize their growth on the app. While they majorly function similarly, they all possess varying features that make them unique and outstanding.
Of course, these third-party services charge users for their services, including several other perks and scheduling. While most of these services are only available on the web, mobile applications also exist in some cases. Hootsuite and Buffer are some of the most popular social media management tools that permit people to perform this task.
This activity has become a major element in most Twitter marketing strategies. Besides boosting convenience, it ensures you do not miss a posting opportunity. Of course, you can schedule both regular posts and Twitter ads. This way, you’ll better accelerate your growth and obtain the best results from the app.
How To Schedule Tweets: 3 Efficient Alternatives To Consider
This process is not as challenging as many myths describe the complexity of tasks like post-scheduling. Well, to a total newbie, this may be quite the task. However, understanding how to schedule tweets on the microblogging website places you at a major advantage. Also, since the relevant third-party websites are quite accessible, this process becomes more seamless. So, consider these alternatives in such cases.
Scheduling Tweets From the Twitter or X Website
As expected, the social media company has maintained some disparities between its website and mobile apps, post-scheduling being among them. While it allows users to perform this task on the web, the app’s feature has remained absent. You can schedule posts while creating them by easily picking the automatic publishing time and date.
Here are five steps for performing this action on the platform’s website:
- First, launch a web browser on your computer, head to the Twitter website, and log into your account. The website will immediately place you on your homepage.
- From the homepage, click the blue “Post” button at the bottom left corner of the screen. The website will open a text box, prompting you to compose a post.
- Write the text post you wish to share, add the media you wish, or create the poll you intend to share.
- When you’ve composed the post, hit the calendar icon at the bottom middle of the text box. The website will open some date and time options, asking you to input them.
- Choose the date and time before hitting the “Confirm” button at the top right side of the box.
Immediately, the social media website will save your request, pending your required date and time. This method offers one of the most straightforward ways of scheduling posts on the app. Overall, it helps you use Twitter effectively.
How To Schedule Twitter Posts on Hootsuite
While X’s post-scheduling feature works well for small accounts with minimal content, it isn’t always efficient. Larger brands looking for more extensive options could consider using Hootsuite. This social media management tool provides scheduling services for multiple social platforms and bulk scheduling capabilities.
Here are six steps for scheduling your posts on X with this tool:
- Launch a web browser, head to Hootsuite’s website, create an account, and buy a suitable subscription plan.
- Afterward, link your Twitter accounts to the site from the dashboard.
- Return to your personal area and click the pen icon on the left menu before choosing “Post.”
- Choose the Twitter account you wish to use and compose your post in the text box available. You can also include pictures, videos, hashtags, mentions, emojis, etc.
- After composing the post, click “Schedule for later” before choosing the date and time you wish to publish the post.
- Finally, hit “Schedule.” This social media manager will immediately save the post until the due date.
When choosing the times to post from your Hootsuite account, the third-party service recommends its optimal posting times. Well, all these features are only available to people with subscription plans. Luckily, the website offers plans that begin at $99. This means that you can always choose plans that best fit your needs.
Buffer Also Supports Tweet Scheduling
Buffer, another third-party service, allows Twitter users to schedule their posts for free. Although the website offers several additional features you may find helpful in your campaign, scheduling is free. But just like its counterparts, this website permits users to add multiple posts to the queue. Users can also set their posts to go live at definite intervals.
Here are five efficient steps for scheduling posts with this website:
- Launch a web browser, preferably on your desktop or personal computer, and load the Buffer website.
- Hit the “Start my free plan” option on the top right corner of the screen and sign up for the website.
- Link your Twitter or X account to the website from the dashboard.
- Return to your personal area and choose the “Create post” option from the menu.
- Next, compose your post in the text box on the page and choose the publishing time.
- After composing the post, hit the blue “Add to queue” button at the bottom middle of the page.
This social media management tool immediately queues your posts pending the time they go live. Buffer also allows users to schedule Twitter threads. To do this, choose the “+ start thread” option below the text box. Besides post-scheduling, the website supports other tasks like social media analysis and content generation.
How To Schedule Tweets on Mobile: Employing Third-Party Apps
Since most people access Twitter, aka X, from their mobile devices, they employ the app for all tasks. The platform’s Android and iOS versions support many activities but do not allow users to schedule their content. Because of this, there are many questions about how to schedule tweets from the app on mobile devices. Luckily, several third-party options have mobile apps for these activities.
Scheduling Posts on the Social Champ Mobile App
The Social Champ mobile app allows users to schedule posts on their Twitter profiles from their mobile devices. While this service has a website, it also has Android and iOS apps for improved convenience. Here is how to use this app effectively:
- Head to the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store and download the Social Champ app to your device.
- Launch the app and create an account using your correct information before connecting your X account to the app.
- Head to the content composer, write your posts, and add the necessary attachments.
- Finally, schedule the post by choosing the time and date you want it to go live.
Social Champ allows users to schedule their posts weeks or months ahead of the current date. Users can also view all their scheduled posts in the queue on the app.
Planable Also Supports Post Scheduling on Mobile Devices
Planable, another mobile application, offers an efficient method of scheduling posts for X or Twitter. This app covers the lack of a scheduling option on the social app and works from the website. Its Android and iOS applications offer improved convenience, beating the need to fall back to Twitter’s website. So, here are some effective steps to use this app:
- Go to the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store and download the Planable app.
- Launch the app and sign up before connecting your X account.
- Return to your workspace on the app and tap the Plus button at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Write your post and tap the “Next” option to pick the date and time.
- After choosing the date and time you want the post to go live, tap “Schedule Post.”
But besides using these third-party apps to schedule posts on your mobile device, you can also adapt the other methods. For instance, consider using the Twitter website on your mobile browser for this purpose. You can also use tweet scheduler options like Buffer or Hootsuite from your mobile browsers for the same results.
Why Are Twitter Automation Techniques Like Post Scheduling Important?
Due to its convenience, Twitter automation is getting more popular daily. Automation techniques like post-scheduling and content management help reduce the need to perform all tasks manually. Instead, users can more easily allocate these tasks to third-party services that perform them even more efficiently. However, concerns have grown about the importance of these services and if they are worth the cost.
Automation is a handy feature accompanying the use of this social media platform. This technique helps users remain consistent while saving time for other daily activities. One effective way to maximize this is by creating all your weekly posts at once and scheduling them for later. This means that you’ll maintain your presence on the app without actually returning.
Scheduling also allows users to maximize the app’s optimal posting time windows. Since timing is crucial, you must target strategic times when scheduling your posts on X. Publishing posts when people are most active allows them to reach more people before downing in a constant pool of content.
But automation on the social media app does not only help schedule tweets. This feature covers tasks like following others, liking posts, sending direct messages, and other activities. Since there is often a need to delete Twitter posts, sometimes in bulk, automated services for tweet deletion also exist.
This is why TweetEraser has created a simple and easy-to-use web application that deletes Twitter posts, even in bulk. This app allows users to import their archives, aiding the performance of highly specific tasks. Luckily, it does not spread promotional content on user profiles. What are you waiting for? Start filtering and erasing unwelcome posts from your timeline today!